Wednesday, July 14, 2010

How Much Is My Home Worth?

Clients always ask me, “How much is my home worth?” The first step is remembering that neither you as the seller, nor I as the real estate agent, have the power to make your home sell for a certain price. It is the market that determines the fair market value of your home. What is the market? It is the price at which 2 buyers are willing to argue over your home. How can you ascertain what that price will be?




The most general way is to look at the asking prices of homes that are similar to yours. Go to the search page at www.RealtorJeff.net, type in the general characteristics of your home, including the neighborhood, and discount the prices by 10%. This will give you a pretty good rough estimate of the value of your home.



As you get closer to selling your home, give me a call (707.499.7111) and I will prepare a CMA, or Competitive Market Analysis. In a CMA I gather the most recent sold homes, pending sales, and active homes that compare closely to your home in regard to house specifications and selling features. I make adjustments, and am able to determine a price range where your home is likely to sell. In general, sold homes will tell you what you are likely to sell your home for, while homes actively on the market tell you what your home will not sell for.



I provide CMA’s for my clients free of charge, so if you are wondering what your home is worth, give me a call at (707) 499-7111, email me at Jeff@RealtorJeff.com, or drop on by the website!

No comments:

Post a Comment